Thursday, December 13, 2012

Infographic about Compassion

 
 
 
Here is a great infographic about teaching compassion with regards to volunteering. I got it from the website InformED, which is a fantastic online community for educators. I think the idea of volunteering and service, as a means for facilitating compassion, is something we need to instill in our younger generations. We also need to connect the idea of compassion as a means of personal and collective growth. I feel like compassion here in the United States is often seen as a weakness. We have to understand that as a culture the ability to have empathy and understanding for others is what builds balance and steadfastness in our lives. Seeing ourselves in others raises our level of consciousness and brings out the best in ourselves. OK I'll get off my soap box now.
 
  I think the picture is a little small so here is the link for the post in which they added it.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment